Cristian Pavon Biography Cristian Pavon Wiki
A family in Texas mourns an 11-year-old boy Cristian Pavon who died after his home lost power in sub-zero temperatures. Cristian Pavon from Honduras had never seen snow before and was particularly excited when he saw it for the first time on Monday, reported ABC 13: “He told his mother to take videos of him. In the snow to get a picture of him and to do that. ” was the last time she had videos of him, ”said Jaliza Yera, Cristian’s aunt.
A healthy 11-year-old died of hypothermia because there was no electricity or heat. This isn’t Venezuela or Soviet Russia, this is Texas in 2021… RIP Cristian Pavon pic.twitter.com/6NhS9ibciy
— Fifty Shades of Whey (@davenewworld_2) February 19, 2021
But as day passed and night drew near, the family mobile home in Conroe became extremely cold and difficult to bear. According to the report, the family lost electricity on the morning of February 16-17 and had no electricity that night.
“It was very cold and the stepfather said even the mother was shaking that night,” Yera continued before noticing Cristian’s stepfather waking up in the middle of the night checking the children. “He made sure they were okay. They were still breathing. He covered them, patted them and fell asleep again,” Yera added.
Cristian Pavon found unanswered at around 2:30 p.m
Cristian was found unanswered at around 2:30 p.m. the next day when her family called Yera and went to the house. The family previously thought the child was sleeping. “We kept doing CPR until the firefighters came in and took over and within a minute they told us it was too late. It was difficult because I have children of my own, ”said Yera.
Cristian had no underlying illnesses, his aunt told ABC 13. The family is awaiting the official cause of death but believes the cold was a factor. “My heart is broken, I never thought none of this would happen,” said Yera. She set up a GoFundMe page to help the family move her body to Honduras because “she wished to see her grandparents again, and that’s what the mother wants to accomplish”.
“Because of the low temperatures in the Conroe region, this family was without electricity for two days,” the site says. “The early morning hours of February 16 dropped to 12 degrees. Cristian was found lifeless.”
More than five hundred thousand Texans have been stranded in the cold from running out of electricity, while shops run out of food and hospitals have been evacuated. Meanwhile, officials have advised millions of people to boil tap water before drinking it because freezing temperatures have affected water filtration systems.
According to The Sun, most outages in Texas were caused by DC power outages ordered by the state energy agency, the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT). Officials said the factory equipment could not withstand freezing temperatures, which is why workers stopped providing electricity to avoid a total grid collapse.
Bill Magness, CEO of ERCOT, said Tuesday, February 16, he had “no idea” when supplies would be restored. Meanwhile, Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo said, “It will likely get worse before it gets better.”