Olesya Semenova Biography Olesya Semenova Wiki
Shop worker dies after electric shock when her charging iphone fell in her bath
Olesya Semenova, 24, was found by her roommate at her home in the Russian city of Arkhangelsk.
Woman, 24, dies after electric shock when her charging iPhone fell in the bath https://t.co/C3yg3A8RKr
— The Sun (@TheSun_NI) December 9, 2020
“I screamed, I shook her, but she was pale, not breathing and showing no signs of life,” said deranged friend Daria, an emergency services real estate agent.
“I was very shocked.
“When I touched it, I got an electric shock.
“There was a smartphone in the water, it was charging.”
Paramedics confirmed that Olesya, who worked in a clothing store, died in the bathroom and her iPhone 8 fell into the water while plugged into the network.
A video of a selfie from a year ago shows her in her bathroom.
The Russian emergency ministry has issued a warning following the tragedy, the latest in a series of such deaths in the country.
“The tragedy is another reminder that water and an electrical device connected to the grid are incompatible.
“The same goes for any mobile device. When you drown a smartphone, the worst part is its failure.
“But when it’s connected to the network, we see the consequences.”
In August, Russian student Anna K, 15, died in Moscow after being electrocuted in her bathroom.
Last year, Liliya Novikova, an internationally acclaimed poker star, was electrocuted in her bathroom last year.
The 26-year-old was a math wizard with a high-level engineering degree from one of Russia’s top universities. When she died, she was home alone.