Reese Langer Biography Reese Langer Wiki
A 13-year-old Idaho girl Reese Langer has died after a severe allergic reaction to a dessert she ate at a cheerleading banquet, her family said.
We learned about the tragic passing of Reese Langer from a CBS Idaho news report of her memorial service. Her family plans to launch a nonprofit using the hashtag #ReeseStrong. https://t.co/6UFFYE9QR4 #foodallergies #anaphylaxis
— SnackSafely.com (@SnackSafely) June 3, 2021
Reese Langer student at Eagle Middle School
Reese Langer, who was a student at Eagle Middle School, had carefully checked product labels since she was diagnosed with severe food allergies at a young age, news channel CBS2 reported.
“She was great at knowing what foods to avoid and where those ingredients were likely to be hiding,” said ReeseStrong, a nonprofit that her family founded to raise awareness of food allergies.
But the teen mistakenly ate a candy that was unsafe for her at the jubilee event, her family said without disclosing what it was.
She suffered a severe allergic reaction and died four days later on May 20th.
“We prayed for a miracle, but in reality we received it 13 years ago. And we’ve been so blessed to have this beautiful soul in our lives, ”her mother Heather told CBS2.
Friends and family gathered on Wednesday night to celebrate the teen’s life.
“I will always remember her for her sweet mind, pure heart and infectious smile,” the family friend, Tiffany McKee, told the crowd. “She lived life with kindness and an innate ability to make people feel loved and included.”