Simone Norowzian Biography Simone Norowzian Wiki
A famous Oxford University student died after accidentally falling off a cliff after a night out drinking with friends.
Simone Norowzian, 21, was with some friends in Margate, Kent, when she climbed on a railing and died.
Student, 21, dies accidentally walking off cliff after night out with friends https://t.co/P10epLs60r
— John Henry McMills Warrington (@JohnHWarrington) January 24, 2021
A heartbroken friend said during an investigation that he heard a “short, shrill scream” shortly after the student of English and Classics fell, Kent Online reports.
Around 3:40 a.m. On August 28, rescuers were taken to the coastal city, but Simone was tragically pronounced dead at the scene from a serious head injury.
Her heartbroken family is now calling on the Thanet District Council to “prevent this tragedy from happening again” and believes that Simone’s death was preventable.
The investigation heard the theater enthusiast visit Kent on the holidays last August.
She had dined and drunk with friends at a local pub in Wetherspoon before the group returned to their Airbnb to play Truth or Dare.
Simone Norowzian decided to smoke a cigarette before going to bed with her boyfriend William Hayman, who discovered that he was “very drunk” when they dated.
Speaking in the audience, she said: “He was about 10 meters in front of me and was walking towards the fence where the binoculars were.
“When I said there was a cliff, I heard a high-pitched scream.”
Simone Norowzian had unknowingly climbed the balustrade that led along the cliffs to a strip of grass that she thought would lead to the beach.
But tragically, last year’s student fell off a cliff onto the water’s edge.
William said, “The first thing I did was repeat Simone’s name.
“I stopped a car and asked him to call an ambulance.
“When the ambulance arrived, I went to the beach to try to see Simone, but it was too dark.
“I know for sure it wouldn’t have happened on purpose.”
DS Alper Ay said the “poor lighting” in the area mixed with Simone’s drunkenness could have contributed to her death.
An autopsy found it to be more than double the alcohol limit.
Simone’s sister, Claire, described the student as a “reasonable girl” with “her whole life ahead of her.”
She added: “I couldn’t clearly assess the danger. She thought she was crossing the barrier up a hill towards the beach.
“We believe her death was preventable and preventable. We believe that it is incumbent upon the Council to prevent such a tragedy from happening again. ”
However, Thanet District Council’s Luke Glover insisted that the reefs meet the standards one would expect from a modern shoreline.
He also claimed that the lighting was adequate and that the agency would not put up a warning sign because it had a “railing.”
The city secretary added: “It’s not often you see people on the upper promenade at night.
“In terms of reef safety, it is arguably better than many parts of the UK.
“There is no shortage of lighting at this stage.
“I have been a member of the Thanet District Council for 13 years and never knew of an incident there.”
Coroner Joanne Andrews ruled that Simone was an accident, but she made no recommendation to the district council.
She added: “She was a smart girl and she came to Margate with friends for a week.
“As I understand it, the top step is easy and the bottom step is not.
“There is no evidence that the City Council was aware of any lighting problems at the time. The railings are checked twice a year.”
“It is nothing more than a tragic accident.”
In memory of Simone, a JustGiving charity page was launched, CARE International UK.
A tribute says: “We cannot believe that our beautiful Atousa is no longer with us.
“We are really heartbroken. But we are fortunate to remember her as an inspiring daughter, sister, and aunt.
“She was a true bright star full of light and passion that would set the world on fire.
“Like her mother, Atousa was passionate about social justice and equality. She was also smart and one of the few students at her school to attend Oxford University.
“Instead of sending flowers, we would be happy and appreciated if people could donate to CARE International.”